An American Grown Wedding 1 day course


About

 

No matter what stage of your business you are in there is always room to grow, learn and evolve! Where we are sourcing our flowers as designers is an area that is a hot topic right now. We have many options when it comes to sourcing beautiful products. The place I love to start first is in my community! I love my designs to reflect sense of place & regionality as much as possible. However, because event floral design is a year round endeavor for me on the East Coast I had to learn how to source outside my region in the winter months when my growers were not growing. I’ve spent years connecting with farms and talking with wholesalers about the products they are shipping and selling. And I’ve learned there is always something blooming here in the U.S. 12 months a year.  It’s important to me that I’m supporting America’s flower farmers as much as possible and I believe you can do the same.  

 

Join me Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:00 am - 4:00 pm for a full day of learning how to source local and American grown for your weddings with confidence and success.  Let's debunk the fear that you can't design a real wedding with domestically grown flowers and foliage 365 days a year!  

 

As a leader in the locally grown and American grown flowers movement I’ve been featured multiple times for my unique year-long studies where I’ve focused on how to source 365 days a year successfully.  Supporting and sourcing from America's flower farmers has become a growing and focal part of my brand and mission.

 

I’ve served as lead designer for two of the Certified American Grown sponsored First Lady's Luncheons, a guest designer at the Field to Vase dinner in Homer, Alaska at Scenic Place Peonies and earlier this summer at Bloomia tulip farm in Virginia and also co-presented at the 2018 Slow Flowers Summit. 

 

In addition to my year-round wedding and event business I also launched The Floral Field Trip which is a U.S. floral sourcing experience for floral designers to connect with flower farmers around the country that can provide them with botanicals for their events through direct shipping or through wholesalers January - December.  My main goal through my two businesses is bringing visibility to America's flower farmers. 

 

In my one-day workshop I will walk you through inquiry to execution of how I work with my clients and plan ahead for my events throughout the year knowing where to source and what to source. 

 

I will create a small wedding mock-up designing a bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquet, and lush garden style centerpiece to demonstrate a typical wedding she produces.  Attendees will also have the opportunity to help me create a foam free floral ceremony install.  The flowers I will be designing with will come from 90% local flower farms in the Portland area and the other 10% from other domestic flower farms that I source from 12 months a year. 

 

My goal is to empower you by connecting you with new suppliers to buy your products from, the opportunity to see the botanicals used in real applicable designs as well as connect with the flower farmers who will be on-hand to discuss their farms and answer questions about their products. 

 

You will also have the opportunity to design with the products to create something of your choosing there at the end of the event or to take home and experience at a later time.  It will be a great exercise in experiencing new botanicals and noting their vase life.

 

In addition to the demonstration, there will be a catered lunch and a cocktail happy hour to follow.

 

I hope you will join me for this jam packed day of learning and being inspired that will take you into the fall season with a renewed sense of excitement for flowers and where they come from!! One day course is $350 – all flowers and food included!

Contact

When Sun From August 25, 2019 to
August 25, 2019

9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Bookmark this
Where

Willamette Sailing Club

6336 Southwest Beaver Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97239
United States

Get Directions

Advertisement