Farmer-Florist Camp 2020 at Triple Wren
This year we are excited to add a new twist to our summer flower workshops at Triple Wren! What previously existed as a series of half-day workshops is now a three-day, two-night immersive flower farm experience. Complete with comfortable glamping accommodations right at the farm, hundreds of roses and tens of thousands of dahlias in full bloom, annual and perennial flower fields at their peak, specific instruction on seasonal cut flower growing, design coaching sessions in multiple small and large applications, sunset yoga, farm-to-table dinners, and skilled design/growing/business coaching from Sarah, Steve, and the Triple Wren Crew, our Farmer-Florist Camp is truly unique and unforgettable. This creative, instructive retreat is for gardeners of any skill level who are looking to refresh their creativity and soul, who wish to learn the details of how we grow cut flowers at scale here at Triple Wren, and who desire to understand more about small business management as it relates to flower farming.
Farmer-florist Retreat Topics:
- Seed starting/transplanting vs Direct sowing
- Succession planting and grocery bouquet systems
- Soil, amendments, fertilization, and irrigation; systems and methods
- Annuals and biennials for cut flowers
- Perennials for cut flowers
- Dahlia overview
- Harvest techniques and systems, post-harvest care
- Order management
- Adding event florals to your cut flower operation
- Small business management for the cut flower farm
- Small business management for farmer-florist operations
- Hand-tied bouquets, floral-foam-free arbor installations and ombré flower wall installations, table garlands
Each retreat is open to a limited number of guests, and is held at Triple Wren Farms, 20 minutes north of Bellingham, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest of the United States. On-farm attendees can stay right at the flower farm in our comfortable glamping accommodations (double or triple occupancy options), and we will visit, rest, and feast on farm-fresh meals together like a family. There are also limited program spaces available for attendees who will provide their own accommodations off-farm. Our program days are packed with inspiration and education, and while the pace is intense so we can fully use the time we have together, there are plenty of moments to steal away for personal reflection, quiet, and wandering the flower fields. After registration, you will receive an email outlining the program, telling you what to bring, and an invitation to a private Facebook group to connect with other attendees in the weeks leading up to the retreat. No pets are permitted at farm retreats.