The Flower Hat Workshops
Do you struggle with Pricing Your Work?
Are you looking to attract Your Ideal Client, that understands your style and respects your work?
do you want a better understanding on how to grow and design with your own flowers to elevate your work?
Are you looking for hands-on floral design experience?
Want to learn all about the new trend of large scale installations and make one too?
Are you trying to figure out all the ins and outs of social media marketing for your flower business?
Well, then welcome to
The Flower Hat Workshop Series!
Here's what you can expect:
--------------- FLORAL DESIGN---------------
- Hands-on design experience making a bridal bouquet, compote centerpiece and Large Installation. These will all be natural-looking and loose in style, so check out some of our work here and on Instagram (@theflowerhat) for a feel of the style we favor.
- Mechanics - There'll be plenty of time to go over mechanics for bouquets, centerpieces and also for "do's and dont's" of large scale installations.
- Marketing - How to market your work, different advertising options, using Social Media in your business.
- Business Talk - We will cover our entire process, from screening clients to delivering the wedding. We will cover consultations, proposals, contracts, flower recipes, and more.
- Pricing- This is such a requested topic, we will dedicate plenty of time to talk about how we price our flowers and hope that it will help you demystify some of the questions you have
- Studio Tour - We'll give you a tour of our studio and how we have it set up to maximize efficiency, especially during our busy summer season.
- Wedding Logistics - We'll discuss our week workflow, as well as packing these wild loose arrangements, large scale pieces, buckets, and much more. We'll show you our Company Vehicle (aka the beat up Burgundy Dodge Caravan we call "Van Gogh", that has over 250k miles on it!
--------------- FLOWER FARMING---------------
- Farm Set Up - We'll tour the fields and show you the layout of our beds, walkways, irrigation, greenhouse and roadways, plant spacing and much more.
- Careful Crop Selection - Those seed catalogs are tempting, but we'll show you how we decide what to grow in our small space
- Harvesting - While we harvest for our hands-on session, we will cover some harvesting techniques that we use in our farm.
- We'll also go over my Six Pillars for a successful small scale flower farming operation and how to maximize your space.
We welcome everyone one that wants to learn about floral design and small scale flower farming, including those who:
- Have any level of experience in floral design. Flower Lovers/Hobbyists are also welcomed!
- Are Floral Designers and want to learn how to grow a manageable sized garden to cut flowers for their work
- Are Flower Farmers wanting to break into wedding design as a revenue stream for their business
- Are looking to take their design skills to the next level
- Need a road map for their business, from screening inquiries to delivering the wedding
- Struggle to Price their work
- Seek information on how to increase their business through conscious Marketing
Workshop dates are:
July 29th - 31st, 2019
August 12th - 14th, 2019
August 19th- 21st, 2019
September 9th - 11th, 2019
For more information, please visit www.theflowerhat.com/workshops
- Struggle to pick colors that are harmonious to create timeless arrangements
- Want to plant/start a cut flower garden in their backyard
- Want to “play with flowers” and learn some techniques along the way
- Are searching for information on large installation designs, such as hanging installations, floral chandeliers, more elaborate arbors
- Use floral foam, but want to explore other foam-free option