Folk Art Flowers
Folk Art Flowers is a Seattle-based floral studio and flower farm devoted to bringing people joy through local, sustainable, and beautiful flowers. We currently source all flowers locally through family farms in the Pacific Northwest that use sustainable growing practices. We will never use flowers that are flown in from another country or region. We also recycle vases for our subscription customers and avoid floral foam (a petroleum-based product) unless there is a really good reason to use it.
In 2019, there are big plans for the farm side of the business: the dream is to produce everything that gets arranged. Our commitment is always to sustainability, which means building soil health naturally, avoiding the use of pesticides through integrated pest management, using only organic fertilizers, providing habitat for wildlife and bees, and rotating crops.
Why Folk Art?
We know you have options. What makes us different?
- We are committed to sustainability in everything we do, from growing flowers using organic practices to recycling vases.
- All of our flowers are local, meaning that you are supporting local farmers in your community while also supporting a small, woman-owned business.
- Local flowers are not flown in (not floppy!) and are higher quality because of their freshness and sheer variety: think fragile dahlias, feathery celosia, and springy greens!
- Since we use only local farm flowers, you’ll get to see the seasons change based on what we select for you, and receive varieties you didn’t even know existed.
- We grow (or source from growers) using regenerative agriculture that manages land, water, and fossil fuels sustainably. Our carbon footprint is tiny.
- We might be biased, but we think we create the most beautiful arrangements out there. Take a look at our website or Instagram for the proof!
Flower CSA Subscriptions
Flower CSA subscriptions are the perfect way to get beautiful, seasonal arrangements from the farm to your doorstep. (They make great gifts as well!) You choose your subscription based on your preferred arrangement size and schedule. Arrangements will differ from week to week. Each arrangement uses seasonal, farm-fresh blooms and foliage that will look good from any angle. And just like a vegetable CSA, you are supporting local farmers directly through your purchase. We currently deliver subscriptions to Seattle, Mercer Island, Bellevue, and Shoreline. We also do business subscriptions, which are customized to individual businesses’ needs.
Single Bouquets for Special Occasions
A stunning single arrangement is guaranteed to bring joy, no matter the occasion! We use seasonal farm flowers to create something amazing for you. We currently deliver arrangements to Seattle, Mercer Island, Bellevue, and Shoreline.
Wedding and Event Design Work
Do you need flowers for your wedding or other special event? We would love to bring the freshest, most beautiful flowers from the farm to your special day! All of our wedding flowers are local and sustainably produced, and we can work with any budget. To discuss wedding or event flowers, we would typically schedule a free face-to-face consultation with you to talk about your vision and how we can help.
Starting in 2019, we will be offering workshops to small groups for bachelorette parties, baby showers, or girls’ nights out! We’d love to teach you how to make fun flower creations like flower crowns or seasonal arrangements. We do not yet have workshops posted on the website, so please e-mail us if you’d like to be put on the waitlist!
Quality flowers, reasonable rates, stress free!
I could not be happier with Folk Art Flowers! For my wedding, I wanted a simple flower accompaniment to my handmade decorations - deep red dahlias. I knew we were at the end of the season so when I reached out to Carolyn and was incredibly impressed at how prompt her response was, how knowledgeable she was about the varietal, and her confidence in obtaining the right flowers for my event. Not only that, but her rates were incredibly reasonable! Carolyn dropped the flowers off right on time and the entire process was hassle free! I can't recommend her enough and will be using her for any events in the future! Thanks for everything!